Marketing online with Facebook
Facebook is the best place to showcase your products, services and web sites for free in the online world. facebook which was originally only a dream for all people - has made this a reality. With half a billion users of Facebook, and thousands of online communities to choose from, Facebook has brought potential customers closer to you.
Facebook than just a status update, or create a profile. Keeping your fans engaged is the key. Do not brand, but a community they love to be part of. In this article, I will tell you how you can use the media up to improve and maintain your customer base you have!
CREATING YOUR PRESENCE ON FACEBOOK
1. Facebook Profile: By creating a profile for yourself or your business, you will establish your identity. This will take you a long way in developing a relationship with fellow users and the positioning of your business. Your profile allows you to interact with people with a personal note, more so if it is a local business. Here are some aspects of a profile page:
o Profile Picture: Always put your best foot forward, which means using the best picture as your profile picture. No matter what they say, the book judged by its cover. I came across a profile of MAC makeup and think it's really interesting with the colors used on the face. Hundreds of people are indifferent to a bit of free time will decide whether to add you based on your image. So make sure you get this one right!
o Add a Friend: After creating a profile, do not wait for things to happen. Add new friends every day and the word will spread that you are on Facebook. Before you know it, you'll start your day by accepting the friend request! However, make sure you do not add more than 25-30 people per day as an add redundant can get your profile removed from Facebook.
o Walls: This is your primary platform to interact with Facebook users. Post a message on your wall and also commented on the activities of members, though, only when relevant. A cafe once commented about my status when it is something about food. And there! A personal relationship is built in a second! I knew that I would visit this place more often. However, make sure you do not spam people every day or they may remove you from their friends list.
Photo Albums and Video o: Photos and video are a great way to showcase the latest collection of products. I know many people who love to see what's happening behind the scenes during the shooting or as a baker to do his magic in the kitchen. In addition, the first thing most users are checking Facebook updates photos. So take that camera and start shooting!
2. Fan Pages: Facebook Pages, which is known as Fan Pages, designed for business, corporate brands, products and celebrities. This allows community leaders, organizations and other entities to create authentic and public presence on Facebook. You can encourage users to become fans of your page and share information with them to upload photos, videos, status updates, wall posts and hosting a discussion forum. Unlike Facebook Profile page visible to everyone on the Internet and is generally better for long-term relationship with, you are a fan of readers or subscribers.
3. Groups: Group Facebook allows people to come together around a common cause or activity to express their views. One of the best features of the group is the ability to send messages directly to members of the Facebook inbox. It's a great way to form a community and help your brand image.
Today, almost a must for the film to establish their presence on Facebook in a post-release period as Facebook users find the film here. The good thing here is that you can send bulk invitations to your friends, while it is done manually on the page. Groups are generally better for hosting a quick active discussions and draw attention.
4. Events: Simply put, Facebook Events can help you connect with your target audience and invite them to your event, even if they do not exist in your friends list or one of your fans. Events can be created individually or even from the Profile, Page. What I like is that Facebook gives you a choice between making public and private events.
Let me explain the difference. I got an invitation from Alanis Morissette Unplugged Acoustic Performance for the event next month, although I'm not a 'friend' or 'fans'. This is an open invitation for public events where people can access the page and RSVP for it. However, if you want to retain the exclusive guest list, select 'Private' option and event page will not be seen by anyone except those you choose. If you are planning to launch or celebrate an important event, a 'Private' option lets you selectively invite people and give details on the page can not be accessed by others.
Next step: HOW TO USE FACEBOOK ONLINE MARKETING
Social Media Marketing is still in its infancy. I regard this as an advantage because there are no set rules a lot, you can try & experimenting with various methods and techniques. However, if you do not want to experiment, here are some tried and tested methods that will ensure success:
5. Be unique and Keep Update: Nothing is more boring than bland Facebook page. Andfun add a lot of personality to your profile. If possible, try to make an application only for your page. Offer something different so they keep coming back, instead of letting them wait for updates from you. If you check out Dell's Facebook page, you will see that it continues to update its status and provide new information on their products and about the technology.
6. Use the Big Picture Profile: Who says size does not matter? Using a large profile picture is one of the best ways to brand your Facebook page. Facebook allows images up 200pix 600pix width x height for use as an image profile page. This way, you stand out in a crowd. See Bob Marley Johnny Depp or pages on Facebook and you'll know what I'm talking about.
7. Fans in Video Tag: You can mark a new collection of fans through pictures, or even ask them to mark themselves as part of the game or contest. Musician Lenny Kravitz upload photos of a concert in Italy in 2009 and asked everyone to mark themselves. This gave him good publicity as an update on the marked up on the wall of the fans'.
8. Exclusive Landing Pages to Users: Use different pages to target different sets of people. Bringing new users to a page that encourages them to 'like' you or to the page they will find interesting enough to keep coming back. Member / fan can be directed to the wall or game pages that may interest them. Red Bull's profile page is designed in a way that users are given instructions to 'like' the page, while fans are taken directly to the Wall. You can get innovative in designing landing pages and targeting different people.
9. Reward Loyal Supporters: Encourage your loyal supporters to join Page and appreciate them. Tab or badge as' members of the moon that can be placed on their profile for visibility can be provided to them. A happy customer on Facebook can get a lot of attention. Remind users to Like and Share information about you. When their friends see updates in News Feed, it's very possible for them to do the same thing.
10. Use Contests and Polls: Holding a contest encouraging fans to interact directly with you. Domino's Pizza, we show you a contest where people can post pictures they have order Domino pizza. The best pictures will be selected by Domino and photographers get a $ 500 prize and a chance to get the image displayed in the ad. It has received much attention from Facebook users.
11. Actively participate outside of your page: Find other Facebook pages related to your industry or topic to use Facebook Search & started actively commenting on their posts & updates. This is a great way to build relationships within your industry and even add credibility to your business. If you are willing to offer free advice on community and discussion, it will encourage people to check out your website.
12. Integrating Facebook Social Plugin for Your Site: When I go to the CNN website, I can see what stories my friends have 'Liked', or what movies my friends 'Recommend' on IMDB. As the button on your site allows users to share a page from your site back to their Facebook profiles and the Recommendation gives the user suggestions for your personal website pages they like. There are many more like LikeBox buttons, etc. Comments, Live Stream you can add to your site. With this, you can see for yourself what you like and target design products / services accordingly.
You can also integrate Facebook Connect Plugin on your blog that will allow Facebook users to leave comments on your blog without registering. Comments they make will put them directly on the wall that will be visible to all their friends. So you effectively get a lot of exposure without doing much!
13. Marketplace: The Facebook Marketplace, you can buy and sell anything using the service list. Marketplace application page displays all the latest listings in your network. Difference between normal and Marketplace listing is that you do not see a list of other boring business, but they appear as update your own site. For example, the sales listing will appear in the news feed as "John is selling Abstract Art." In this case, John could be a 'friend' of your friends or even friends. You can find out what people want, what they offer and also how you connect to people on Facebook. This is what the page looks like:
14. Do not Just Write for the Hearing Adolescents: It's time to free ourselves from this misunderstanding. Facebook is not filled with children. Although Facebook has a lot of young people are included in the age group 16 to 25, we see an increasing number of people of other age groups who use Facebook regularly. According to Pingdom, 61% of Facebook users over 35 years. In fact, the 26-34 age group 18-25 age group competition in the United States and Britain. So, be sure to communicate with your target in the right way.